Monday 15 April 2013

Ghetto Rainbows/The Mighty Death Pop


ICP's latest album (to my knowledge), The Mighty Death Pop, is full of even more symbolism that makes me question them and their lyrics. Yet I still can't help but love the duo.

While I've only heard a few songs off YouTube (I have yet to purchase the cd), the one that most caught my notice was Ghetto Rainbows. My first thought was "Are they ripping off Hopsin's Nocturnal Rainbows?" (a song all about exposing the Illuminati and their programming of us. Despite his exposing lyrics in most of his songs, I can't help but question the legitimacy of Hopsin, but that would have to be discussed in another article) My second thought, upon listening to the lyrics, was "Great. Oz programming."


The song starts off with the chorus being repeated three times. Most of us are aware that 3 is a meaningful number for the elite:

How the fuck could this be?
Up in the sky?
There's a rainbow over the hood! 

A short while later, more Oz and Dorothy programming becomes apparent:

Take a look up!
It's a rainbow over the city!
Take a look around you, shitty.
Gosh, just heard trailers are lurkin'
Yet I still hear the birds are chirpin'
(Somewhere Over the Rainbow....bluebirds...)
This world ain't meant for this
So much bliss, but its easy to miss
Rubbers on the sidewalk, used syringes
Stuck in a hotel, 2 week binges
Look high in the sky to remind you
Even if you're lost, rainbows will find you
(Kind of like a Handler would say to a Slave)

I don't like dissecting the lyrics of a band and song I love, looking for the negative connotations and finding "hidden" meanings to it. I'd much prefer to believe the more positive aspects to it. This little blurb here could be viewed in two ways:

There'll still be a rainbow after it rains
Rainbows don't hate or discriminate
Its mankinds fate to create mistakes
Just look at the skies above the gutta'
Above the warzones
Above eachother
Rainbows stretch over lands of ruin
Where troubles brewin', whatever we doin'
Don't live blind, a sheep in line
Find it, save the best of yo' time
(You could definitely interpret that as a positive, inspirational message, and I like to see it that way, however the next line throws it all away)
G Codes, Street Codes, Rules I drop
I only get this one chance, I won't drop
It's more than I got, Imma find the pot
At the end of the rainbow, like it or not
(G codes....we're supposed to believe the G is for Gangsta, cuz rappers are all about OG=Original Gangsta, or so we're to believe. Yet after being educated in the "conspiracy" realm, I don't trust G anything, with good reason. One little letter is all it took for me to go back to my second thought on this song: Oz Programming.)










No comments:

Post a Comment